How Social Bookmarking sites get such a high alexa rank within few months?

Home Forums Webmaster Forum Websites How Social Bookmarking sites get such a high alexa rank within few months?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    newbiewebsitemaker

I always wanted to open my own website but i am always confused between different niches to choose from. One of them is the concept of Social Bookmarking website using the open source PHP script named Pligg. Many users are opening these type of websites irrespective of the fact that the original site implementing this innovation is going downhill. I am referring to Digg.Com here.

The most interesting point in these websites is that their Alexa rank shoots through the sky within few months of their opening. But how? These websites are mostly filled with spam but still their alexa rank is high. I really want an answer to this question.

newbiewebsitemaker

Also i am asking this question because i am going to purchase one this type of website from DP forum. Should i press the trigger or wait? Please give your intelligent opinion.

Thanks

gellybeany

Most of these sites use fake burst of traffic to increase Alexa rank. You can also increase Alexa rank by just visiting you own site multiple times during a day provided you have Alexa toolbar installed

balimidi

how to find the daily updated social bookmarking sites

abot

Reddit, Digg etc are some popular bookmarking sites

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.